Activity Group: Technical testing and analysis
Activity Number: 7120
This class includes:
- Performance of physical, chemical and other analytical testing of all types of materials and products (see below for exceptions):
- Acoustics and vibration testing
- Testing of composition and purity of minerals etc.
- Testing activities in the field of food hygiene, including veterinary testing and control in relation to food production
- Testing of physical characteristics and performance of materials, such as strength, thickness, durability, radioactivity etc.
- Qualification and reliability testing
- Performance testing of complete machinery: motors, automobiles, electronic equipment etc.
- Radiographic testing of welds and joints
- Failure analysis
- Testing and measuring of environmental indicators: air and water pollution etc.
- Certification of products, including consumer goods, motor vehicles, aircraft, pressurized
Containers, nuclear plants etc.
- Periodic road-safety testing of motor vehicles
- Testing with use of models or mock-ups (e.g. of aircraft, ships, dams etc.)
- Operation of police laboratories
This class excludes:
- Testing of animal specimens, see 7500
- Medical laboratory testing, see 8690