SHAMS COMPANY SETUP TIMELINES
Submit application forms along with the signed Articles of Incorporation and Lease Agreement (if applicable) to Unique Services Hub and make payment
When do I get my dedicated phone number?
Your dedicated phone number is activated and the details are provided to you by myOffice Business Center along with details of your address
When do I get my Company Incorporation Documents?
Trade License released by the Free Zone and scanned copy of the original will be sent to you via email. You may start operating your Company from this point
Original Formation Document, Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Incorporation, Share Certificate, Lease Agreement (if applicable) and Company Stamp are available for collection at Unique Services Hub
When do I get my Visa?
Make payment for Company Immigration Card
Company Immigration card issued. You may apply for your visa at this point
Complete and submit visa application forms and supporting documents and passport photos to Unique Services Hub
Entry Visa issued (Pink Colored Visa) and a copy emailed to you
Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, please provide us with your flight details so we can drop your visa at Dubai airport for a fee of AED 250.
– If you are outside the country when your entry visa is issued, you will need to enter the country on your new entry visa, you will NOT be allowed to enter the country on a tourist visa or visit visa or visa on arrival
Collect your original Pink Colored Entry Visa from Unique Services Hub and carry out change of status (In/Out Stamp) either by exiting and re-entering the country i.e. by driving to the Hatta/Oman border (if applicable), or by submitting your passport and payment to Unique Services Hub to carry out the same without having to leave the country.
– If the change of status is completed within the 30 day grace period following the cancellation of your previous residency visa or prior to the expiry of your tourist visa or visit visa or visa on arrival, you will not incur any overstay fines.
– Any overstay fines that you may be incurring will continue until you complete the change of status.
– Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, and are not from one of the 48 countries that are granted a visa on arrival (please contact us for a full list of the same) and are entering the UAE on your new entry visa, which will constitute your change of status, please be sure to contact your airline prior to travelling, as many airlines will need to see a copy of your entry visa prior to travel in order to verify the same and then upload a copy of the visa onto their system, and provide you with an ‘OK to Board’. The same would apply if you are inside the country when the visa is issued, and plan to exit the country with your visa in hand, and then re-enter the UAE by air.
Once you have carried out your change of status you will NOT be able to exit the country until your residency visa process has been completed
Proceed to Al Karama or Al Baraha for your Emirates ID Card process followed by your medical test – if this is your first visa and first Emirates ID, you will need to carry out your Emirates ID Card process in Sharjah
Collect medical test results from the medical centre and deliver the same to Unique Services Hub offices along with your passport, completed signed and stamped original employment contract, Emirates ID Card receipt, entry visa (with change of status stamp) along with 8 alternate passport size photos on white background, all of which will be submitted to Immigration for residency stamping
Passport is released by Immigration stamped with your Residency Visa. A scanned copy of your Residency Visa will be emailed to you.
Passport available for collection at Unique Services Hub
When can I open my Company Bank Account?
Organise meeting with banker armed with your original company documents, passport and company stamp
The above timelines correlate to working days not calendar days.
- The above timelines are collated based on the average processing times and hence are not exact and in reality may be shorter or longer.
- Applications are submitted for processing and indicated timelines commence upon realization of payment.
- The cut-off time for any application (except visa related applications) to be submitted/received, and payments to be received/released is 1pm, anything received after this time will be considered towards the following working day.
- Please note that we are legally obliged to keep the applicant notified of all steps and progress reports concerning their visa process and release the visa and passport directly to them unless they instruct us otherwise. We will not be able to release the passport or visa to anyone else, including the company owner/s, unless expressly directed to do so by the applicant
- All visa related applications have to be submitted to the Free Zone and Immigration with the original forms signed by the applicant, hence all visa related applications and cleared payments submitted to/received by Unique Services Hub at any time (even before 1pm) will always be considered towards the following working day.
- Should you choose to cancel or abort your visa process at any stage, or let your entry visa expire or lapse you will not be eligible for any refund – the whole visa process will need to be restarted and a fresh payment made.
- During periods in and around Ramadan, days of mourning, Eid and other National and Religious Holidays the indicated timelines are likely to become subject to delays.
- Any overstay fines will have to be paid prior to your entry visa being issued – at the time of paying the overstay fines, you will incur an admin fee of AED 250 plus typing fees. Once the fines are paid and the entry visa issued, you MUST do an in country change of status and possible fines would have to be paid from the day the visa is issued until change of status is completed. You will not be able to carry out the change of status by exiting and re-entering the country either by land or air as you will again pay the overstaying fines previously paid.
- If you are out of the country when your entry visa is issued, you will need to enter the country on your new entry visa, you will NOT be allowed to enter the country on a tourist visa or visit visa or visa on arrival
- In order to maintain your UAE residency, you will need to enter the country at least once every 180 calendar days
- Change of status (in/out stamp) would need to be carried out prior to proceeding for your Emirates ID Card.
- Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, and are not from one of the 48 countries that are granted a visa on arrival (please contact us for a full list of the same) and are entering the UAE on your new entry visa, which will constitute your change of status, please be sure to contact your airline prior to travelling, as many airlines will need to see a copy of your entry visa prior to travel in order to verify the sameand then upload a copy of the visa onto their system, and provide you with an ‘OK to Board’. The same would apply if you are inside the country when the visa is issued, and plan to exit the country with your visa in hand, and then re-enter the UAE by air.
- Furthermore when you are entering the country on your new entry visa, please ensure you carry out your eye scan at the airport on arrival, and ensure the immigration official stamps the entry visa as well as your passport. Do NOT enter on your e-gate card.
- Once you complete your change of status you will NOT be able to travel outside of the UAE until your passport has been stamped with your residency visa.
- The Visa process for certain nationalities may be longer than the timelines indicated above.
- The labor card is often NOT released at the same time as the passport after residency stamping. If it isn’t released at the same time as the passport after residency stamping, it will be released within 15 calendar days thereafter
- For certain nationalities Immigration have been known to request your birth certificate and/or an attested copy of your passport and/or the original passport for sighting prior to approving the issuance of the entry visa
- Should you have a visa application under process nd wish to travel in and out of the UAE, and are a national of one of the 48 countries who are granted visit visas on arrival, please contact us before re-entering the UAE, as if your visa application has cleared security approval, you may have to wait until your new employment visa has been issued and to re-enter the UAE using the same.
- Even if your place of birth and nationality isn’t from one of the restricted countries but your name is deemed to have originated from one of those countries, you will experience delays in both your Immigration Card and visa release.
- On occasion delays may be caused at the time of your Entry Visa release, due to ‘un-cleared previous visit visas’ this can occur when a national of one of the 48 countries granted a visit visa on arrival may have previously entered the UAE at one entry point i.e. Abu Dhabi airport and exited from another i.e. Dubai Airport etc and the exit hadn’t been updated in the Immigration system.
- Timeline for passport and Emirates ID issuance remains the same, even if assistance for medical test and Emirates ID application is provided. This does not expedite the Emirates ID and passport stamping process.
- Please note the Original Company Immigration Card is retained by the Free Zone
- If you have lost/surrendered your Emirates ID and don’t have a copy of both sides, kindly submit a copy of your passport with the previous visa and 1 passport sized photo to an authorized Emirates ID Authority Typing Centre. They will then forward the same to the Emirates ID Authority with a request to obtain your previous Emirates ID Card number which will be required in order to type the Emirates ID Card renewal application. The response time for obtaining the previous Emirates ID Card number from the Emirates ID Authority normally takes less than 1 business day.
- Your Trade License start date will be day 1 of the timeline.
- If any of the Shareholders and/or General Manager cannot personally be present in the UAE to open the company Bank Account, an attested Board Resolution and/or Power of Attorney from all of the absent Shareholders and/or General Manager will need to be submitted in order to complete the bank account opening procedure. Please contact us for drafts and further details on the same.