- About UAQ Freezone
- License Activity
- Payment Packages
- Other Service Charges
- Important Information
- Request A Proposal
About UAQ FreezoneUmm Al Quwain Free Zone is a newly formed Free Zone. It started operation in 2014. There are more than 25 free zones in the UAE. Many are located in Dubai. However there are four free zones close by in other emirates which offer good options for forming a new business. Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone is one such Free Zone located 50 minutes away from Dubai Airport in the Emirate of Umm Al Quwain. It is 6 km from Sharjah and 20 Km from Dubai. It can be approached easily from the old Emirates road as well as from the roads near the sea shore in Sharjah old town. The head office of the Umm Al Quwain Free Zone Authority is located near approach to the town of Umm Al Quwain. Umm Al Quwain Free Zone authority is government backed autonomous arm of Umm Al Quwain emirate in the UAE which is authorized to incorporate business companies with “trade licence”. Umm Al Quwain Free Zone companies enjoy the same legal status inside the UAE as any other Free Zone company in the matters of trade, contracts, imports, exports, visa and banking. Umm Al Quwain Free Zone has been operating as an autonomous free zone. It has promise to grow rapidly in the next few years because of the advantages it offers particularly to those looking for economical set up and running costs as well as variety of licences. Like other free zone companies Umm Al Quwain Free Zone company can be owned 100% by the foreign owners- a company or individuals, it is tax free and can import into Free Zone duty free. This means that the Umm Al Quwain Free Zone companies engaged in international trade can release their goods and keep them as stocks meant for re-export without payment of customs duties. Umm Al Quwain Free Zone company can freely do business internationally. Like other free zones Umm Al Quwain Free Zone company can sell goods in the local markets by using the services of a local trader. Service companies can deliver services from inside the Free Zone into UAE and to other countries. Like any other free zone company it can use the Dubai’s seaports and airports for shipment of goods by registering the company in Dubai customs to get an import code. This makes it possible to take advantage of Umm Al Quwain Free Zone’s lower costs and Dubai port’s services. Of course the goods released in a port say Jebel Ali port in Dubai must either stay inside or be taken out by paying customs duty to be taken to Umm Al Quwain Free Zone company. Umm Al Quwain Free Zone company can open a bank account in a bank branch in Dubai. The company can and must take an office inside the Free Zone areas in Umm Al Quwain. The minimum office category available is ‘flexi desk’ in their own Business Centre. The company can take residence visas for its employees and owners who can live anywhere in the UAE
Finally What is special about Umm Al Quwain Free ZoneThis free zone has three licences which are specially designed for needs of businessmen looking for activities not easily allowed elsewhere, for single professionals, and for most economical options. These special licences are Premium Consultancy, Micro Business, Freelancer Permit. They are shown below. Also unlike most free zones the company can be formed without owner being present in the UAE by using consultant’s services.
Commercial License(TRADING LICENSE)
- Commercial License
- General Trading License
Commercial License :This authorizes the import, export, distribution and storing of items specified on the license. A Commercial License can have three different product lines or 10 similar product lines.
General Trading License:This enables the licensee to trade in a wider range of activities and gives the freedom and flexibility to trade in any commodity which is permitied within the UAE. Note Commodities which require special approval or clearance from various UAE authorities e.g. explosives and armaments cannot be traded with a General Trading license.
Industrial LicenseThis enables the licensee to import raw materials, then manufacture/ process / assemble / package the specified products, and export the finished product. It allows the holder to import raw materials for the purpose of manufacturing, processing and/or assembly of specified products.
Consultancy LicenseThis is for entities which offer expert or professional advice and is issued to all manner of professionals like webdesigners, models, photographers, actors, singers, directors etc. It allows two similar activities.
Freelance PermitThis allows an individual to operate as a freelance professional, and conduct business in one’s birth name as opposed to a brand name or company. The Freelance Permit is designed for individuals who operate in technology, media and film sectors, and is issued to talent roles, creative roles and selected administrative roles.
Service LicenseThis license is for service providers. It permits the licensee to carry out the services specified on the license within the Free Zone, such as Logistics; Courier Services; Insurance Service Provider; Travel Agency; Tour Services; Car Rental etc.
|501002||Buses , Trucks Trading|
|501003||Specialized Vehicles Trading|
|501004||Used Automobile Trading|
|501005||Used Vehicles Trading|
|501006||Electric Cars Trading|
|501007||Racing Cars Trading|
|501008||Safe Transport Specialized Vehicles Trading|
|501009||Classic Cars Trading|
|503001||Auto Spare Parts & Components Trading|
|503002||Auto Accessories Trading|
|503003||Tyres & Rims Trading|
|503004||Used Auto Spare Parts & Requisites Trading|
|504001||Motorcycles & Spare Parts Trading|
|504003||Off Road Karts & Spare Parts Trading|
|504004||Jet Ski Trading|
|504005||Trikke Scooters Trading|
|504006||Motorcycles Spare Parts & Accessories Trading|
|512103||Flowers & Plants Trading|
|512104||Natural Herbs Trading|
|512106||Grains, Cereals & Legumes Trading|
|512112||Wool & Animal Hair Trading|
|512113||Horns, Hooves & Animal Bones Trading|
|512117||Plant & Tree Nurseries Trading|
|512118||Animal Feed Trading|
|512120||animal fodder supplements trading|
|512121||Coal & Firewood Trading|
|512122||Tanned Leathers Trading|
|512123||Fish & Meat Wastes Trading|
|512124||Cotton & Natural Fibers Trading|
|512200||Food & Beverages Trading|
|512201||Health Food Trading|
|Food Supplements Trading|
|512202||Baby Food Trading|
|512203||Snack Food Trading|
|512204||Dairy Products Trading|
|512205||Canned & Preserved Food Trading|
|512206||Fresh & Chilled & Frozen Meat Trading|
|512207||Frozen Fish & Seafood Trading|
|512208||Salted, Preserved Fish & Seafood Trading|
|512215||Bread & Bakery Products Trading|
|512216||Confectionary & Chocolate Trading|
|512218||Ice Cream Trading|
|512220||Ghee & Vegetable Oil Trading|
|512223||Mineral Water Trading|
|512224||Soft Drinks & Carbonated Water Trading|
|512229||Dried Vegetables & Fruit Trading|
|512230||Fish & Marine Animals Trading|
|512231||flavours & fragrances trading|
|512232||Vegetables & Fruit Trading|
|513102||Blankets , Towels & Linens Trading|
|513104||Oriental Carpets Trading|
|513106||Flags & flagpoles Trading|
|513107||Readymade Garments Trading|
|513111||Men's Garment Trading|
|513112||Ladies' Garments Trading|
|513113||Sports Wear Trading|
|513114||Protective Garments & Vests Trading|
|513116||Slippers & Sandals Trading|
|513119||Military cloth ware & requisites Trading|
|513120||Garments Accessories Trading|
|513121||Sticks & Umbrellas Trading|
|513122||Tents , Awnings& Tarpaulins Trading|
|513123||Threads & Yarns Trading|
|513124||Curtains & Upholstery Fabrics Trading|
|513901||Handbags & Leather Products Trading|
|513902||Illustrated Magazines & Catalogues Trading|
|513903||Books, Newspapers & Publications Trading|
|513904||Stationery , Drawing & Writing Instruments Trading|
|513905||Educational Aids Trading|
|513906||Invitation & Greeting Cards Trading|
|513907||Multi-Dimensional Images Trading (HOLOGRAM)|
|513908||Advertising Requisites Trading|
|513909||Films & Photography Materials Trading|
|513910||Ceramic & Chinaware Trading|
|513911||Household Utensils Trading|
|513912||Cutlery & Silverware Trading|
|513913||Cookers & Cookstoves Trading|
|513914||Audio-Visual, Recording Equipment & Accessories Trading|
|513915||Refrigerators , Washing Machines & Household Electrical Appliances Trd|
|513917||Light Fittings & Fixtures Trading|
|513918||Filters & Purification Devices Trading|
|513919||Ventilators & Fans Trading|
|513920||Ignition Materials Trading|
|513921||Aircondition & Refrigeration Spare Parts Trading|
|513923||Home Furniture Trading|
|513924||Domestic Kitchen & Fixture Trading|
|513925||Bamboo, Cane & Wicker Products Trading|
|513926||Sponge Mattresses Trading|
|513927||Watches & Clocks & Spare Parts Trading|
|513929||Pearls & Precious Stones Trading|
|513930||Imitation Jewellery Trading|
|513932||Crystal Products Trading|
|513933||Toys & Games Trading|
|513935||Paintings & Frames Trading|
|513936||Artificial Flowers & Plants Trading|
|513938||Cloth Hangers Trading|
|513939||Wax Candles Trading|
|513940||Old Postage Stamps & Currencies Trading|
|513941||Sport Equipment & Articles Trading|
|513942||Horse Equestrian Equipment & Requisites Trading|
|513943||Fishing & Hunting Requisites Trading|
|513944||Camping Requisites Trading|
|513945||Suitcases & Travel Requisites Trading|
|513946||Musical Instruments & Requisites Trading|
|513947||Photographic Equipment & Accessories Trading|
|513948||Dry Batteries Trading|
|513949||Occupational Hygiene & Safety Requisites Trading|
|513950||Saddles & Animals, Birds Training Requisites Trading|
|513952||Bicycles & Spare Parts Trading|
|513956||Para Pharmaceutical Products Trading|
|513957||Medical, Surgical Articles & Requisites Trading|
|513958||Perfumes & Cosmetics Trading|
|513959||Agarwood & Incense Trading|
|513960||Spectacles & Contact Lenses Trading|
|513962||Beauty and personal care Requisites Trading|
|513963||Baby Care Requisites Trading|
|513964||Paper Products Trading|
|513965||Persons with Special Needs Equipment Trading|
|513966||Soap & Hair Care Products Trading|
|513969||Authentic Antiques, Artefacts & Artworks Trading|
|514101||Crude Oil Trading|
|514102||Lubricants & Grease Trading|
|514103||Refined Oil Products Trading|
|514105||Tar & Asphalt Trading|
|514201||Metal Ores Trading|
|514202||Steel and Basic Steel products trading|
|514203||Non Ferrous Metal Trading|
|514204||Non-Manufactured Precious Metal Trading|
|514205||Scales & Dry Measures Trading|
|514206||Bolts, Nuts, Screws & Nails Trading|
|514207||Agricultural Tools Trading|
|514208||Building Hardware & Tools Trading|
|514209||Workshop Hardware & Tools Trading|
|514210||Metal Drums & Barrels Trading|
|514211||Metal Cans & Containers Trading|
|514212||Precision Dies Trading|
|514213||Traffic Signs & Requisites Trading|
|514214||Metal Wires Trading|
|514215||Metal Rope trading|
|514217||Cargo Containers Trading|
|514218||Gas Cylinders Trading|
|514220||Metal Alloys Trading|
|514300||Building & Construction Materials Trading|
|514301||Steel Bars Trading|
|514303||Cement & Gypsum Trading|
|514304||Sand, Gravel & Stones Trading|
|514305||Building Metal Products Trading|
|514306||Tiles & Flooring Materials Trading|
|514307||Glass & Mirrors Trading|
|514308||Wires & Cables Trading|
|514309||Cement Products Trading|
|514310||Gypsum Products Trading|
|514311||False Ceilings Trading|
|514313||Sanitary Ware Trading|
|514314||Electrical Fittings Trading|
|514315||Pre-Fabricated Houses Trading|
|514316||Swimming Pools Trading|
|514317||Tanks & Silos Trading|
|514318||Pipes & Fittings Trading|
|514319||Fibre Glass Products Trading|
|514321||Decoration Materials & Partitions Trading|
|514322||Wall Paper Trading|
|514323||Metal Blinds Trading|
|514324||Lighting Poles Trading|
|514326||Readymix Concrete Trading|
|514327||Fencing & Barbed Wire Trading|
|514329||Wooden Products Trading|
|514330||Special Fabrics & Fibers For Construction Trading|
|514331||Doors, Windows & other Plastic Building Products Trading|
|514332||Building Maquettes & Models Requisites Trading|
|514333||Fly Ash Trading|
|514334||Crane Rails & Fixing Accessories Trading|
|514335||Fire Resistant Doors Trading|
|514336||Green Buildings Construction materials Trading|
|514337||Water Heaters Trading|
|514338||Locks & Keys Trading|
|514339||Paint & Varnish Trading|
|514340||Marble & Natural Stones Trading|
|514341||Fire Fighting Pipes Trading|
|514342||Fire Resistant & Retardant Materials Trading|
|514901||Chemical Fertilizer Trading|
|514902||Agricultural Pesticides Trading|
|514903||Detergents & Disinfectants Trading|
|514904||Industrial Solvents Trading|
|514906||Industrial & Liquefied Natural Gas Trading|
|514907||Tannery & Dyeing Materials Trading|
|514908||Acids & Alkalines Trading|
|514909||Plastic & Nylon Raw Materials Trading|
|514910||Industrial Sponge Trading|
|514912||Photography Processing Materials Trading|
|514913||Medical Gas Trading|
|514914||Fire Extinguishing Materials Trading|
|514915||Ink & Printing Materials Trading|
|514916||Non Edible Oil Trading|
|514918||Gum & Glue Trading|
|514919||Insulation & Protection Materials Trading|
|514920||Oilfield Chemicals Trading|
|514923||Basic Industrial Chemicals Trading|
|514924||Construction Chemicals Trading|
|514926||Organic Fertilizer & Plant Feed Trading|
|514927||Ropes, Sacks & Jute Bags Trading|
|514929||Packing & Packaging Materials Trading|
|514931||Waste Paper Trading|
|514932||Scrap & Metal Waste Trading|
|514933||Upholstery Requisites & Materials Trading|
|514934||Sewing & Embroidery Requisites Trading|
|514935||Plastic Bags & Containers Trading|
|514939||Raw Materials Trading|
|514940||Laboratories Chemicals Trading|
|514943||Plastic Sheets Trading|
|514944||Aircraft Scrap & Used Spare Parts Trading|
|514945||Water Treatment & Purification Chemicals Trading|
|514946||Used Cooking Oils Trading|
|515101||Computer Electric Accessories Trading|
|515102||Computer Software Trading|
|515103||Computer & Data Processing Requisites Trading|
|515104||Computer Equipment & Requisites Trading|
|515201||Blank Cassettes Trading|
|515202||Audio Recordings Trading|
|515204||Motion Picture & T.V. Programmes Trading (Video Shops)|
|515205||Electrical & Electronic Appliances Spare Parts Trading|
|515206||Telephones & Telecommunications Equipment Trading|
|515207||Mobile Phones Trading|
|Mobile Phones & Accessories Trading|
|515208||Paging Receivers Trading|
|515209||Electronic Cards Trading|
|515210||Electronic Precision Instruments Trading|
|515211||Telecommunications Equipment Trading|
|515212||Wireless Equipment & Instruments Trading|
|515213||Satellite Receiving Equipment Trading|
|515214||Global Positioning Systems (G.P.S) Trading|
|515215||Visual Recordings Trading|
|515901||Agricultural Tractors & Machinery Trading|
|515902||Agricultural Equipment & Accessories Trading|
|515903||Agricultural Equipment & Machinery Spare Parts Trading|
|515904||Workshop Equipment, Machinery & Spare Parts Trading|
|515905||Industrial Plant Equipment & Spare Parts Trading|
|515906||Oilfield & Natural Gas Equipment & Spare Parts Trading|
|515907||Office Furniture Trading|
|515908||Solar Energy Systems & Components Trading|
|515909||Fire Fighting & Safety Equipment Trading|
|515910||Scientific & Laboratory Equipment Trading|
|515911||Measuring & Control Systems Trading|
|515912||Refrigeration & Cold Storage Equipment Trading|
|515913||Diving Equipment Trading|
|515914||Radio, T.V. Stations, Cinema & Theatre Equipment Trading|
|515915||Construction Equipment & Machinery Trading|
|515917||Construction Equipment & Machinery Spare Parts Trading|
|515918||Heavy Equipment & Machinery Spare Parts Trading|
|515919||Beauty & Personal Care Equipment Trading|
|515920||Handling, Loading & Lifting Equipment Trading|
|515921||Animal & Poultry Farms Equipment Trading|
|515922||Vending Machines Trading|
|515923||Water Desalination Equipment Trading|
|515924||Bricks Making Equipment Trading|
|515925||Painting Equipment Trading|
|515926||Bakeries & Flour Mills Equipment Trading|
|515927||Water Treatment Equipment Trading|
|515928||Water Cooling & Heating Equipment Trading|
|515929||Printing Equipment & Instruments Trading|
|515930||Lighting Equipment & Requisites Trading|
|515931||Catering Equipment Trading|
|515932||City Cleaning Equipment Trading|
|515933||Building Cleaning Equipment Trading|
|515934||Sea Cleaning Equipment Trading|
|515935||Environment Protection Equipment Trading|
|515936||Laundry & Dry Cleaning Equipment Trading|
|515937||Auto Washing Equipment Trading|
|515938||Office Equipment Trading|
|515939||Shop, Office Equipment & Fittings Trading|
|515940||Packing & Packaging Equipment Trading|
|515941||Well Drilling Equipment Trading|
|515942||Pest Control Equipment Trading|
|515943||Airport Equipment Trading|
|515944||Garden Equipment Trading|
|515945||Sports Fields &halls Equipment Trading|
|515946||Schools, Hospitals & Laboratories Furniture Trading|
|515947||Medical, Surgical Equipment & Instruments Trading|
|515948||Veterinary Equipment & Instruments Trading|
|515949||Structural Wire Rope Systems Trading|
|515950||Sewing Machines & Spare Parts Trading|
|515951||Lifts, Escalators & Spare Parts Trading|
|515952||Pumps, Engines, Valves & Spare Parts Trading|
|515953||Calculators & Spare Parts Trading|
|515954||Type Writers, Photocopiers & Spare Parts Trading|
|515955||Power Generation, Transmission & Distribution Equipment Trading|
|515956||Automatic Gates & Barriers Trading|
|515957||Irrigation Equipment & Requisites Trading|
|515958||Engineering Designing Instruments Trading|
|515959||Security Control & Alarm Equipment Trading|
|515960||Green Houses & Equipment Trading|
|515963||Meat & Fish Processing Equipment & Machinery Trading|
|515964||Spinning & Weaving Equipment & Spare Parts Trading|
|515965||Electronic Games & Amusement Centre Equipment Trading|
|515967||Ships & Boats Trading|
|515968||Light Aircrafts Trading|
|515969||Ship & Boats Spare Parts & Components Trading|
|515970||Aircraft Spare Parts & Components Trading|
|515971||Kids Rides & Games Trading|
|515972||Trains Spare Parts & Components Trading|
|515973||Aquarium & Display Cases Trading|
|515974||Engines & Machinery Spare Parts Trading|
|515975||Blast Furnaces & Smelters Trading|
|515976||Inspection, Testing Equipment & Devices Trading|
|515977||Central Ventilators & Air-Filters Trading|
|515978||Ports & Marine Guide Equipment Trading|
|515979||Photographic processing Equipement Trading|
|515980||Cleanroom Systems Trading|
|515981||Monetary & Banking Equipment Trading|
|515982||Gliders, Sailplanes & Spare Parts Trading|
|515985||Security Devices, Equipment Trading|
|515986||Franking Machines Trading|
|515987||Magnctic Technology Equipment Trading|
|515988||Plate Heat Exchangers Trading|
|515989||Petrol Station Equipment Trading|
|515990||Carbon Control Systems Trading|
|515999||Aircrafts & Helicopters Trading|
|519003||Caps & Lids Trading|
|519004||Glass Bottles Trading|
|519005||Smelters & Furnaces Refractory Materials Trading|
|519006||Airline Inflight Prorducts Trading|
|519007||Vehicles & Mobile Phones Numbers Trading|
|519009||Carbon Credits Trading|
|519010||Laboratories Tools & Requisites Trading|
|519011||Fibre Optic Products & Requisites Trading|
|519012||Astronomy Equipment Trading|
|519013||Specialized Photographic Equipment & Processing Materials Trading|
|519014||Dry Ice Trading|
|524001||Used Furniture Trading|
|524002||Used Jewellery Trading|
|524003||Used Electrical & Electronic Appliances Trading|
|524004||Used Household Utensils Trading|
|524005||Used Building Machinery & Equipment Trading|
|524006||Used Heavy Equipment & Machinary Trading|
|524007||Used Cloth & Personal Items Trading|
|524008||Used Tyres Trading|
|525102||Garments, Textiles & Gifts E-Trading|
|525103||Publications and media Materials E-Trading|
|525104||Household, Professional & Personal Goods E-Trading|
|525105||Vehicles and transport means E-Trading|
|525107||Jewellery & Precious Stones E-Trading|
|513955||Medicinal Chemical Trading|
|721003||Information Technology Consultancy|
|722901||Computer Software House|
|722906||Computer Graphic Design Consultancy|
|731004||Renewable Energy Consultancy|
|Marketing Research & Consultancy|
|741406||Human Resources Consultancy|
|741407||Quality & Standardization Consultancy|
|741413||Facilities Management Consultancy|
|741414||Waste Management & Recycling Consultancy|
|741416||Spa & Fitness Clubs Consultancy|
|741417||Project Development Consultancy|
|741422||Food, Health food & Dairy Consultancy|
|741428||Fire Safety Consultancy|
|742103||Construction Engineering Consultancy|
|742107||Ports Engineering Consultancy|
|742110||Interior Design Consultancy|
|742122||Mechanical Engineering Consultancy|
|742138||Projects Management Engineering&Technical Feasibility Studies Consultancy|
|Project Management Consultancy|
|742145||Hydrographic Engineering Surveying Consultancy|
|742161||Noise Control, Vibration & Acoustics Consultancy|
|742163||Vertical & Horizontal Transportation Systems Consultancy|
|742166||Green Buildings Consultancy|
|742167||Science & Technology Consultancy|
|742170||Architectural Design Consultancy|
|742172||Marine Projects Consultancy|
|742173||Energy Projects Consultancy|
|749915||Hotel Management Consultancy|
|8519-15||Health Awareness Consultancy|
|Event Management Consultancy|
|851903||Dieting & Weight Control Consultancy|
|921409||Fine Arts Consultancy|
|722904||Internet Content Provider|
|729001||Public Networking Consultancy|
|741402||Feasibility Studies Consultancy|
|741408||Information Studies & Consultancy|
|741409||Technical Installations Consultancy|
|741415||Public relations Management|
|742111||Landscaping Engineering Consultancy|
|742120||Electronic Engineering Consultancy|
|742129||Mining & Mines Equipment Engineering Consultancy|
|742144||Products Design Consultancy|
|749905||Films Translating & Subtitling|
|749911||Surveying & Evaluating|
|749918||Theater & Cinema Management|
|749921||Fashion Shows Organizing|
|749922||Conferences & Seminars Organizing|
|749929||Sport clubs & facilities management|
|749943||Children With Special Needs Parents' Consultancy|
|749947||Real Estate Exhibition Organizing|
|749950||Intellectual Property Rights Management|
|749951||Educational Facilities Management|
|921401||Wedding Parties Organizing|
|921409||Fine Arts Consultancy|
|742171||Buildings Electrical Engineering Consultancy|
|741420||Sourcing and Procurement Consultancy|
|742179||Buildings Energy Efficiency Consultancy|
|741419||Cost Control & Risk Management Consultancy|
|732000||Research & Experimental Development On Social Science|
|732002||Educational Technologies Research & Development|
|749206||Security Studies & Consultancy|
|Aerial Shoot Photographer|
|Audio / Sound Engineer|
|Director: Film, Television, Music, Theatre|
|New Media Specialist|
|Print Media Specialist|
|Set and Exhibit Designer|
|Special Effects Producer|
|741404||Real Estate Consultancy|
|742109||Oil & Natural Gas Exploration Consultancy|
|742132||Chemical & Oil Engineering Consultancy|
|742133||Oil Refining Engineering Consultancy|
|742142||Oil Exploration Engineering Consultancy|
|742156||Gas Extraction Engineering Consultancy|
|630311||Civil Aviation Information|
|Item||Commercial License||Consultancy License||General Trading License||Premium Consultancy License||Micro Business License||Freelance Permit|
|LICENSE||2,500 AED||2,500 AED||9,500 AED||14,500 AED||2,500 AED||2,500 AED|
|PREMIUM OFFICE||16,000 AED||16,000 AED||16,000 AED||16,000 AED||N/A||N/A|
|ADDRESS SERVICES||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||9,000 AED||9,000 AED|
|Consultancy Service Charge||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000 AED|
|Total||25,500 AED||25,500 AED||32,500 AED||37,500 AED||18,500 AED||18,500 AED|
|VISA ELIGIBILITY||2 VISAS||2 VISAS||3 VISAS||3 VISAS||NO VISAS||1 VISAS|
Day 1 - Submit application to Unique Services Hub and make payment.Day 3 - Company name reservation is finished at UAQ FTZ by means of particular services Hub (CZ). Your dedicated phone variety is activated and the details are provided to you immediately by means of myOffice enterprise center together with information of your cope with.
Day 4 - Incorporation Documents will be submitted to UAQ FTZ by Unique Services Hub (CZ)
Day 5 - Trade License released by the Free Zone and a scanned copy of the original will be sent to you via email
Day 6 - Original Trade License, Certificate of Incorporation, Lease Agreement, Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association*
Day 20 - Company Immigration Card issued by Umm Al Quwain Immigration. You may apply for your visa at this point.
Day 20 - Complete and submit visa application forms and attested degree certificate (if applicable) and Emirates ID Card information (if applicable) to CZ and make payment
NB - if you are currently overstaying in the country, your visa application will not be accepted by UAQ Immigration Day 25 - Entry Visa issued (Pink Colored Visa) and a copy emailed to you
Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, please provide us with your flight details so we can drop your visa at Dubai airport for a fee of AED 250.Day 26 - Original Entry Visa available for collection at CZ offices Carry out change of status (In/Out Stamp) either by exiting and re-entering the country i.e. by driving to the Hatta/Oman border (if applicable), or by submitting your passport, original entry visa and payment to CZ to carry out the same without having to leave the country.
If the change of status is completed within the 30 day grace period following the cancellation of your previous residency visa you will not incur any overstay fines.
If any overstay fines that you may be incurring will continue until you complete the change of status.
Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, and are not from one of the 48 countries that are granted a visa on arrival, and are entering the UAE on your new entry visa, which will constitute your change of status, please be sure to contact your airline prior to travelling, as many airlines will need to see a copy of your entry visa prior to travel in order to verify the same and then upload a copy of the visa onto their system, and provide you with an ‘OK to Board’. The same would apply if you are inside the country when the visa is issued, and plan to exit the country with your visa in hand, and then re-enter the UAE by air.
If you are inside the country when your visa is issued, you must execute your change of status or exit the country prior to the expiry of your current visa conditions i.e. the expiry of your visit visa or tourist visa or grace period following the cancellation of your previous residency visa etc.
Please note that in order to proceed with your in country change of status, you may be required to carry out an eye scan at the immigration office in Umm Al Quwain.
Once you have carried out your change of status you will NOT be able to exit the country until your residency visa process has been completedDay 27 - Proceed to Al Baraha Hospital in Dubai for your Visa Medical and Emirates ID Card procedure Day 28 - Collect Medical Results at Al Baraha. NB: For Pakistani and Afghani nationals, you will need to collect your medical result in person. Prior to collecting your medical result, you will be required to take a vaccination for polio. Day 28 - Deliver the following to our CZ offices: Original Passport, Original Visa, Original Medical Results, Original Emirates ID Card receipt Day 33 - Passport is released by Immigration stamped with Residency Visa and a copy emailed to you. Day 34 - Passport available for collection at CZ offices
Please contact us for timelines and costs for urgent processingPlease Note:
- The above timelines correlate to working days not calendar days.
- Please add between 6 to 20 days if visa pre-approval is required.
- The above timelines are collated based on the average processing times over the previous 3 months and hence are not exact and in reality may be shorter or longer.
- Applications are submitted for processing and indicated timelines commence upon realization of payment.
- The cut-off time for documents to be submitted/received, and payments to be received/realized is 1pm, anything received after this time will be considered towards the following working day.
- As all visa applications have to be submitted to the Free Zone and Immigration with the original forms signed by the applicant, hence all visa applications submitted to Unique Services Hub at any time will always be considered towards the following working day.
- During periods in and around Ramadan, days of mourning, Eid and other National and Religious Holidays the indicated timelines are likely to become subject to delays.
- Any overstay fines will have to be paid prior to your entry visa being issued. Furthermore at the time of paying your overstay fines, you will incur an admin fee of AED 250.
- For Pakistani and Afghani nationals, you will need to collect your Medical Result in Person. Prior to collecting your Medical Result, you will be required to take a Vaccination for Polio.
- The Visa process for certain nationalities considered marginal may take longer than the indicated timelines.
- Should you be outside the country when the visa is issued, and are not from one of the 48 countries that are granted a visa on arrival, and are entering the UAE on your new entry visa, which will constitute your change of status, please be sure to contact your airline prior to travelling, as many airlines will need to see a copy of your entry visa prior to travel in order to verify the same and then upload a copy of the visa onto their system, and provide you with an ‘OK to Board’. The same would apply if you are inside the country when the visa is issued, and plan to exit the country with your visa in hand, and then re-enter the UAE by air.
- If you are a national of one of the Schengen countries (France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain etc - please contact us for a full list of the same) you will be granted a 90 day visa on arrival to the UAE which is not extendable. Please note however that once you exit the UAE, you will need to stay out of the country for a period of 90 days before you can re-enter on another visa on arrival.
- Furthermore when you are entering the country on your new entry visa, please ensure you carry out your eye scan at the airport on arrival, and ensure the immigration official stamps the entry visa as well as your passport. Do NOT enter on your egate card.
- Change of status (in/out stamp) would need to be carried out prior to proceeding for your Emirates ID Card and medical examination
- If you have lost/surrendered your Emirates ID and don't have a copy of both sides, kindly submit a copy of your passport with the previous visa and 1 passport sized photo to an authorized Emirates ID Authority Typing Centre. They will then forward the same to the Emirates ID Authority with a request to obtain your previous Emirates ID Card number which will be required in order to type the Emirates ID Card renewal application. The response time for obtaining the previous Emirates ID Card number from the Emirates ID Authority normally takes less than 1 business day.
- Please note that we are legally obliged to keep the applicant notified of all steps and progress reports concerning their visa process and release the visa and passport directly to them unless they instruct us otherwise. We will not be able to release the passport or visa to anyone else, including the company owner/s, unless expressly directed to do so by the applicant.
NOC Letters/ Certificates
- All procedures, timelines and costs are valid at the time of printing, however may become subject to change without notice.
- Company documentation (Trade Licenses etc.) are issued from UAQ FTZ and Visas are issued from Umm Al Quwain Immigration. Please note the registered address for your new company will be in Umm Al Quwain, as per what will appear on your Trade License and what will feature on your company stamp and furthermore should be used on all official company correspondence i.e. contracts, invoices etc.
- Any payments received by USH International towards any product or service are non-refundable unless agreed otherwise. This condition is valid even if the payment received isn't for the full amount of the service or product subscribed for and/or the customer has yet to provide USH International with all the correct documentary requirements for said product or service.
- Please note the prices quoted in this proposal are specific to the products and services mentioned, they do not include any ancillary services i.e. driving license transfers, liquor license, dependents visas etc. - please contact us if you would like pricing and procedures for the same.
- Business Center services are provided by the Business Center under their Department of Economic Development (DED) License. These services aren't provided directly by USH International
- With regard to your dedicated phone number with the Business Centre, please note that a call forwarding charge is applicable e.g. when they receive a call on your dedicated phone number and forward the call to your mobile.
- Printing and photocopying at the Business Centre is also chargeable.
- Furthermore should you wish to use the 'honesty bar' at the Business Centre you will need to lodge a credit card with them as security, and settle your bill daily. Please note only hot beverages are complimentary i.e. tea and coffee everything else is chargeable.
- With regard to meeting rooms hours and days at the internet café, no partial bookings are accepted, i.e. a half hour meeting room booking will be viewed as 1 hour, and similarly if you use the internet café for 2 hours it will be viewed as 1 day. Furthermore if for example 2 of you are using the internet café on the same day and occupying 2 desks, that will count as 2 days usage. Furthermore desk space cannot be shared; you can only have 1 person occupying 1 desk. If you would like additional meeting room hours and/or internet café days you may approach the Business Centre and pay them the applicable rates directly. Also please note that desk usage at the internet café is on a first come first serve basis, and meeting rooms need to be booked in advance and are subject to availability. Unused meeting room hours or Internet café days cannot be rolled over to the following month.
- Any regular mail received will be kept for 60 calendar days and will be discarded thereafter if not collected. Any parcels received will carry a handling fee of AED 100 per item in addition to any applicable customs fees; parcels will be discarded after 21 calendar days if not collected.
- The PO Box details that appear on your trade license can NOT be used to receive any mail or packages in your name or in the name of any of your employees or in the name of your company; any mail or packages sent to this PO Box will be destroyed.
- In order to secure a utility bill in your personal name you will need to lease residential premises in the UAE, and in order to secure a utility bill in your company name you will need to lease physical permanent office space in the Free Zone.
- Companies registered with UAQ FTZ are permitted to carry out their business activities within the Free Zone or outside the UAE. Should the company wish to conduct business activities within the UAE, they should either establish a local branch office or transact through a local commercial agent or local distributor.
- If the UAQ FTZ Company is to be owned by a British Virgin Islands (BVI) Company or a branch of a BVI Company, the BVI Company documents will need to be attested by the UAE Embassy in the UK followed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE.
- The USH International package (Support Services and company registration) is valid for one year starting from the commencement date on the Trade License and both must be renewed annually.
- Please note that you will not be able to secure an independent physical PO Box in Dubai with Empost for your Company.
- Should you subscribe to a PO Box with Empost for your company, pleased be informed that you will not be able to cancel the PO Box unless you also close down your company.
- With regard to the access to our banking contacts, USH International will simply provide a list of banking contacts, after which the onus is on the client to contact the banking representative directly and organize a meeting at a time and venue of the client and banking representative's choosing. USH International aren't involved beyond providing the list of banking contacts, furthermore USH International do not provide any assurances that the company bank account will be successfully opened or how long it will take for the bank account to be opened, the onus is on the client to liaise with the banking representative and satisfy the requirements and protocols of the bank in order to successfully open and maintain their company bank account. Please note that the client is not obliged to open their company bank account through our banking contacts, and is free to utilize their own banking accounts at any bank of their choosing.
- If any of the Shareholders and/or Directors cannot personally be present in the UAE to open the company Bank Account, an attested Board Resolution and/or Power of Attorney from all of the absent Shareholders and/or Directors will need to be submitted in order to complete the bank account opening procedure. Please contact us for drafts and further details on the same.
- In order to keep your company bank account active, you will need to visit your bank annually with your original renewed trade License and present it to the bank for sighting, this must be carried out on or before the expiry date of your current Trade License.
- All company related documentation must be signed using a blue pen and submitted to USH International in original. No scanned/photo copies will be accepted
- You will not be able to start your company, or apply for your immigration card or your visa in UAQ FTZ, if you are overstaying in the country either on a visit visa or expired visa or after your previous residency visa has been cancelled.
- An original authorization letter should be submitted in favour of a USH International PRO at the time of incorporation in order to represent you for setting up your newly established company at UAQ FTZ, authorise him/her to receive the company incorporation documents, visas and passports.
- The minimum salary required to sponsor dependents in Umm Al Quwain is AED 3000.
- The original trade license will be required to be submitted to the Free Zone at the time of renewal.
- To be eligible to apply for an investor visa you need to hold a minimum of 75 shares in the company.
- The Free Zone does not issue a labor card
- With regard to the company setup via USH International, the client is obliged to maintain USH International as their agent for the lifetime the company remains in existence, and are not permitted to transact their company license renewal or any other process pertaining to their company individually or via another agent or via the Free Zone at any time unless otherwise agreed by USH International
- Should you fail to renew your trade license at least 45 days prior to its expiry, all services from the Free Zone will be suspended i.e. you will not be able to apply for any visas or NOC's etc until you carry out the renewal.
- Should payment for the renewal of the USH International package (Support Services and Company Registration) not be made by the expiry date of the company Trade License, all services will be discontinued including any telephone number you have subscribed for. Any reconnection of the telephone number once it has been disconnected which will become subject to a charge of AED 350. Furthermore you will be charged a penalty of AED 100 per day after the date of expiry until you either renew the USH International package or complete the closing/cancellation procedure, you will also be liable to pay any applicable government fees i.e. closing/cancelling fees and late fees for closing/cancelling after the expiry date of the license, or late fees for renewing your license after the expiry date of the license as well as any license amendment fees if the Licensing Authority has re-allocated your office space due to renewal of the license after the expiry date.
- You will be required to settle upfront in full any pending instalments at the time of cancellation of your license. Furthermore you will need to pay AED 5,000 to cancel the Trade license and up to AED 2,000 to cancel each employment visa and related dependent visas under the company. Please note the above is applicable providing all cancellations take place during the Trade License validity period - should any of the above take place after the Trade License has expired, late fees will also be incurred. You will also need to return to USH International all your original company formation documents even if they are expired, so please don't destroy or misplace any of these documents as otherwise you will need to submit a police report and pay an additional AED 2,000 at the time of cancellation.
- A license should not be cancelled if it still holds corporate bank accounts in the UAE and abroad, as well as if the company has outstanding loans, creditors, and it holds assets in the UAE and abroad.
- You will not be able to simply let your Trade License or visas lapse, you will be required to cancel the company license and cancel the visas under the company as well as cancel any related dependent visas.
- In addition to the relevant late renewal penalties imposed by the Free Zone, the cancellation fees also apply to expired licenses.
- The company Immigration Card needs to also be renewed annually; should the company Immigration Card not be renewed, a penalty of AED 1500 will be applicable for the first month after expiry and AED 200 per subsequent month.
- You will need to cancel all dependent visas before you will be allowed to cancel your own visa.
- The company immigration card needs to also be renewed annually; should the company immigration card not be renewed, a penalty of AED 1,500 will be applicable for the first month after expiry and AED 200 for every subsequent month.
- If you would like to amend your Trade License i.e. to add or remove shareholders the amendment fee is AED 5,500. Furthermore all shareholders (Buyer & Seller) are required to visit FTZ to sign the amendment documents in presence of the free zone official.
- If you have opted to take the multiple license option, you will be charged the same amount for the additional license in subsequent years as you paid in Year 1.
- If you have opted for a Premium office Facility and need to apply for visas under the company, you will need to ensure that the office is furnished to the level of a functional and operational office in order to satisfy Immigration when they visit the office to carry out an inspection. Please contact us for further details on the same.
- Visa applicants holding Sri Lankan, Ethiopian, and Indonesian passports will need to carry out a medical in their home country and have the results attested by the UAE Consulate in their home country as well prior to applying for their visa.
- License pre-approval can take up to 30 working days or more depending on the nationality and place of birth of the applicant and is valid for 10 working days once granted.
- Visa transfers aren't permitted, even if it's from another Free Zone.
- In order to maintain your UAE residency, you will need to enter the country at least once every 180 calendar days.
- Your residency visa and those of your employees and dependents are valid for 2 years and Investors are valid for 3 years, please note that you will not be sent any reminder from USH International prior to the expiry of the residency visas, you will need to contact USH International yourselves at least 30 working days before the residency visas expire to commence the renewal process.
- To enter the port or free zone area you will need a free zone entry permit and in order to obtain this you will need to have a visa under the company
- Visas will not be able to be cancelled unless all traffic fines have been paid.
- Shareholders above the age of 60 are required to take an "Investor" position on their visa.
- In order to be a shareholder and/or Manager and/or employee for an UAQ, you will need to be over the age of 21.
- If any of the shareholders or the manager is an Emirati National, we will need a copy of their 'Jinsiya' and their Emirates ID Card.
- When sponsoring dependents, the documents provided to immigration i.e. birth certificates and marriage certificates will need to be attested by the UAE Embassy in the country of residence and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai and then legally translated to Arabic. Please contact us for further clarification on this procedure.
- Women will be able to sponsor dependents (spouse, children, housemaid etc.) provided they can prove their eligibility to Umm Al Quwain immigration to sponsor the dependent.
- Neither stepchildren nor adopted children nor children out of wedlock can be sponsored by the respective stepparent/adoptive/biological parent.
- Hand-written NOC's will not be accepted; all NOC's should be typed.
- If you are carrying more than 1 passport, please ensure you inform a USH International representative of the same. Furthermore please note that you will be unable to travel on your 2nd passport (the one not submitted towards your visa process) whilst your visa application is in process.
- If your normal passport which holds your valid UAE residence visa has run out of pages and/or expired, you will not be permitted to enter UAE on a temporary passport. You will need to wait till your new normal passport has been issued and then travel carrying both your new passport as well as your previous passport which holds your valid UAE residence visa.
- Once you completed your change of status you will NOT be able to travel outside of the UAE until your passport has been stamped with your residency visa.
- If you have visited Kish, Queshm or Iran at any time within the last 6 months, you will have to wait 6 months from the date of your departure from Kish, Queshm or Iran before you can apply for your UAE residency visa.
- If the application for your entry visa is rejected as a result of not clearing 'security approval', you will be ineligible to apply for and secure a tourist visa in the future. This does not apply to nationals of the 48 countries who are granted visas on arrival.
- If you have overstayed on your current UAE visa (visit visa, visa on arrival or cancelled residence visa); you will need to exit the country in order for your new entry visa to be issued, your new entry visa will not be issued in country.
- If you are a national of one of the Schengen countries (France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain etc - please contact us for a full list of the same) you will be granted a 90 day visa on arrival to the UAE which is not extendable. Please note however that once you exit the UAE, you will need to stay out of the country for a period of 90 days before you can re-enter on another visa on arrival.
- Hand-written passports are not accepted; all passport copies submitted should be electronic/typed passports.
- In order to be a shareholder or Manager of a company or apply for visas (both for the entry visa and when the passport is submitted for residency stamping) your passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months. Furthermore you should hold a standard/normal passport, travel documents are not permitted nor are 'non-commercial' passports.
- Please contact us for the requirements and a list of the permitted nationalities that are able to apply for visas as 'housemaids'.
- Restrictions currently exist for passport holders from the following countries to obtain employment/investor visas on the company (they can however still obtain visas as spouses or children): Bangladesh, Iran (also to act as company shareholder) and Israel (also to act as a company shareholder).
- In order to secure a customs code (import/export code), the Manager on the License must have a valid UAE residency visa.
- If your place of birth is Algeria, Iran or Israel or any other restricted nationalities but carry a passport from a different country, you can apply for an employment/investor visa however will be subject to visa pre-approval.
- If your place of birth and/or nationality on your passport is from any of the following countries you will be required to carry out a visa pre-approval: Iraq, Libya, Lebanon, Syria, Sudan, Afghanistan, Tanzania, Kenya, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Palestine, Ethiopia, Egypt, Nigerian, Somalia, and Yemen. Please contact us for up to date information as the list can become subject to change without prior notice.
- If your place of birth and/or nationality on your passport is from the following countries and if you do not have a UAE residence visa you will not be permitted to apply for the trade license: Turkey, Libya, Lebanon, Sudan, Kenya, Iran, Algeria, Yemen. Please contact us for up to date information as the list can become subject to change without prior notice.
- 'Visa applicants who were formerly on Servant/Maid visa will have to provide an attested high school or degree certificate for the employment visa to be processed, approvals however are dependent on the Immigration department and there is a risk of rejection."
- For Pakistani and Afghani nationals, you will need to collect your medical result in person. Prior to collecting your medical result, you will be required to take a vaccination for polio.
- The timeframe as to the issuance of your Emirates ID Card is not something we have control over and cannot be expedited by us - it is at the discretion of the Emirates ID Authority. The current timeframe for the issuance of Emirates ID Cards is 10 to 15 working days after your residency visa has been issued.
- Please note that if you have never held a previous driving license in the UAE, you will need to visit Umm Al Quwain to either transfer your overseas driving license (if applicable) or take your driving lessons and test.
- The words 'Gas', 'Group', 'Capital', 'Medical' or 'Limited' are not permitted as part of the Company Name, nor are the names of Cities or Countries. Furthermore, numerical characters are also not permitted to be as part of the company name i.e. '1 FZE' is not allowed however 'One FZE' is allowed. In cases you would like to use initials in the company name 'ABC FZE' is not allowed however 'A.B.C. FZE' is allowed.
- Whilst UAQ FTZ accommodate a wide range of business activities, similar to what is offered by Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED), however certain activities aren't permitted i.e. "Commercial Brokers", "Insurance Brokers" and "Tobacco Trading", please contact us for an up to date list as the list can become subject to change without notice.
- For visa applications, male applicants should have a minimum age 21 and the female applicants should have a minimum age 30. The maximum age limit for both is 60 years old.